Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fragments of the day

Reading the past in an old worn journal,
I wonder at the thoughts I see expressed--
mine, yet not mine,
far off, yet resonant--
and I trace the patterns
through many days of grief,
recurring questions,
tear stains,
exclamations
of joy and frustration--
the patterns of my life--
weakness interwoven
with truth--

and You are there
for You were there--
in the dullness
in the ache
in the joy
in the beauty--
You were there
in those strange words
in a familiar handwriting--
You were there
in those dry tears of desperation
and knotted angst--

You were there with me
when I felt no presence
of You--
your truth
your love
your passion
your grace
your peace
your goodness
your justice
your blessings
your Word--
You were there
loving me.

And for that--
I praise thee.

1 comment:

  1. There's definitely a value in going back to old journals, isn't there... I often stand amazed at God's grace when I look back at where I've been, what I've come through. Thanks for the reminder, invitation to praise.

    ReplyDelete