Monday, February 4, 2008

Impetus(es) for Crankiness

I hate being cranky. As of yesterday, I have officially decided that I would rather be weepy than cranky (apparently, in my current circle of friends, these are the two most viable emotional options), and I have been cranky for, oh, about 4 days now. @#$(*&!!

Contributing factors to current crankiness:
  • Winter storms every other flipping day.
  • A car with only one working headlight
  • Lack of exercise
  • Frustration with current internship
  • Ever-present homework
  • Realization that only God can heal other people
  • Messy bedroom
  • Resentment of my need for sleep. period.
  • Frustration with my own laziness
  • Trash needing to be taken out. Again.
  • My obsession with sugar.
  • Life's annoying details. Like money.
  • My own crankiness!
Well, cathartic as such a list can be, I'm still cranky. But Lent is coming. As funny as it sounds, I absolutely love Lent! It's amazing how junk builds up in my life over the course of a year (or a month, or a day), and I love this season of the church year -- a time to regain focus, to repent, to be cleansed more deeply, to meditate, to bring my frustrations and despair to the Lord.

Two (cranky days) left before Ash Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment