Saturday, July 25, 2009

I recently got out the old stack of memory verses I learned back in undergrad, when my faith was really taking off for the first time. The stack of 3x5 cards is pretty beaten up now, having traveled with me from Wheaton to California to Trinity's campus (and multiple moves on-campus) to Deerfield to my current apartment. At one point in my life I was pretty faithful to memorize Scripture on a regular basis, but I hadn't had my cards out for quite some time.

Tonight, I craved those familiar verses, so I went through a couple of them. Here's a passage that hit me as just the right description of where I'm at right now:

Psalm 66:16-20
Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me. I cried out to Him with my mouth, His praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened, but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Thanks be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment