Monday, February 9, 2009

Liturgy of Lament


It's amazing to me that the fewer classes I take, the harder it is to actually get my work done for said classes. You'd think the opposite would be true, right? But no.

I have an integration paper due this Friday for my "Loss and Grief" class, the only real paper required for the class. This is the last class that really "counts" toward my degree - you'd think that would be motivation enough for me to get 'er done. But no.

I chose a topic for this paper that should really engage me: putting together a "Liturgy of Lament" for our context at Church of the Redeemer and explaining how it functions to help those experiencing grief and loss. Worship + pastoral care = me being interested. At least, so you'd think. But no! The equation needs some tweaking: worship + pastoral care - ? = me lacking motivation.

Somehow, I know I'll get it done. And then I'll move on to my sermon on Psalm 126. And then I'll write another post about how I'm unmotivated to complete THAT assignment. Ahhh... grad school fourth-year-itis strikes again.

Image from this website.

1 comment:

  1. When you figure our the ?, let me know. I know exactly what you mean but couldn't figure it out for myself either.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete