Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Aaaaaannnnnd.... we're back!















Whew! Much has happened since my last post, in fact, so much that I don't know quite how to resume blogging! Since my last post, in no particular order, I have...

- Traveled to 3 new (to me, of course) countries, with an hour layover in a 4th
- Spent a week in a Tuscan hamlet
- Improved my German accent
- Climbed the leaning tower of Pisa
- Climbed up the Duomo in Florence
- Climbed up various other historic tall buildings ("we like to go up things...")
- Finished my third year in seminary
- Began an internship
- Completed my Starbucks training... again (not much has changed in a year)
- Acquired a yen for sparkling mineral water
- Been hampered by shyness... but not for long
- Decided on a thesis topic
- Spent hours of amusement dialoguing with a friend in a poor Ukrainian accent
- Stolen part of the Venice lagoon... ("in our pants")
- Formed a precious "attachment"
- Missed the first half of the "first dance" at a wedding reception, though technically seated in the same room
- Been introduced to patbingsu
- Spontaneously prayed with good friends for two hours
- Nearly been evacuated from my apartment at 1 a.m. because of CO levels
- Discovered that rain got hold of our itinerary... and used it against us
- Danced in the rain
- Gladly received new neighbors
- Said farewell to close friends
- Gained new appreciation for the Doxology
- Continued to overuse ellipses...
- Endless etceteras

Perhaps every month could generate such a list for each of us. Life is rich - and certainly quirky at times! As the rhythm of summer begins, I can't help but wonder: what will the next month bring?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what it says that this is the point I'm most curious about, but what is your thesis topic? (Though the "attachment" is also intriguing...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew! My thesis topic will explore the intersection between race, music, and identity, particularly in Christian worship. I am particularly interested in the questions, "What does racially inclusive [or at least non-exclusive] worship look like in the church?"

    As for the "attachment"... :)

    ReplyDelete