Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Miscellany

1) If you are at all an Anglophile or at least a fan of BBC productions and British authors (Jane Austen comes to mind), the series "Downton Abbey" is a must see

2) I am reading David Copperfield, and I hate Dora. I hope Dickens kills her off soon, or makes her elope or something.

3) I am currently thinking through some ways in which my congregation might get more involved in serving the poor and "needy" in the Greater Chicago area. Anyone out there have some suggestions about what sort of things have worked for you (or not), people to talk to, organizations to investigate, etc,?

4 comments:

  1. where can one watch Downton Abbey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could work with refugees with Exodus World Service, serving not only the poor and needy but also welcoming the stranger. I have a contact if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I watched it on Netflix (instant streaming). You could perhaps find it at a library as well.

    Kristen, that's a great idea! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Downton Abbey on Netflix too!

    ReplyDelete