Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Starting next Monday, I'm going to be taking a class ("Loss and Grief") NOT at Trinity, but at a nearby theological seminary. Let's look at a few facts:
- This nearby seminary is loosely affiliated with the United Methodist Church
- This nearby seminary tends to be much more liberal than TEDS.
- The syllabus doesn't really mention Scripture. That would never happen at TEDS.
- The syllabus DOES talk about ministry and about God. This is a plus.
- The first book we have to read for the class is called, "Men Don't Cry... Women Do." Again, not real common at TEDS
- The assignments are mostly personal reflection, not theological or biblical. Not a criticism, just different!

This could get interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I'll be interested to hear about the book. I am hoping the title is a caricature rather than the authors view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran into Inetta today, and she told me you guys were going to be in class together, which is another very cool thing about this new adventure for you. I'm looking forward to hearing about this adventure. I think it sounds WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete